- Sichuan University, Chengdu, P. R. China, B. S. in Microelectronics and Solid-state Electronics, July 2003.
- Institute of Semiconductors, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, P. R. China, Ph. D. in Microelectronics and Solid-state Electronics, July 2008.
- Italian Institute of Technology, Genoa, Italy, Postdoctoral Fellow, November 2009-November 2011.
- University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Postdoctoral Associate, January 2012-January 2013.
- Italian Institute of Technology, Genoa, Italy, Postdoctoral Fellow, June 2013-June 2015.
- University of Nebraska-Lincoln, Lincoln, Nebraska, Postdoc, July 2015-September 2016.
- University of Arkansas, Fayetteville, Arkansas, Postdoctoral Fellow, October 2016-present.
- Semiconductor optoelectronic devices
- Charge and phonon transport in reduced dimensional systems
- Novel nanofabrication techniques
- Demonstrated room-temperature ultraweak light (~100 fW cm-2) detection in the UV-visible range by using organic phototransistors.
- Investigated photocarrier transport in colloidal nanocrystal films and ordered assemblies (e.g., CdSe/CdS systems).
- Developed highly sensitive (~1 ppm) carbon monoxide gas sensors using a platform consisting of semiconducting carbon nanotubes.
- Developed negative PMMA technique and metal air-bridge process using electron-beam lithography.
- Y. Zhang, Y. Wu, X. Wang, E. R. Fossum, R. Kumar, J. Liu, G. Salamo, S.-Q. Yu, Non-avalanche single photon detection without carrier transit-time delay through quantum capacitive coupling, Opt. Express, 25, 26508 (2017).
- W. Wei*, Y. Zhang*, Q. Xu, H. Wei, Y. Fang, Q. Wang, Y. Deng, T. Li, A. Gruverman, L. Cao, J. Huang, Monolithic integration of hybrid perovskite single crystals with heterogenous substrate for highly sensitive X-ray imaging, Nat. Photon., 11, 315 (2017). (*equal contribution)
- Y. Zhang, Y. Yuan, J. Huang, Detecting 100 fW cm-2 Light with Trapped Electron Gated Organic Phototransistors, Adv. Mater., doi: 10.1002/adma.201603969 (2016).
- Y. Zhang, R. Chakraborty, S. Kudera, R. Krahne, Light-gated single CdSe nanowire transistor: photocurrent saturation and band gap extraction, J. Nanopart. Res, 17,443 (2015).
- L. Maserati , I. Moreels , M. Prato , R. Krahne , L. Manna , Y. Zhang, Oxygen sensitivity of atomically passivated CdS nanocrystal films, ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces, 6, 9517 (2014).
- Y. Zhang, K. Miszta, L. Manna, E. D. Fabrizio, R. Krahne, Cold field emission dominated photoconductivity in ordered 3D assemblies of octapod-shaped CdSe/CdS nanocrystals, Nanoscale, 5, 7596 (2013).
- Y. Zhang, S. Cui, J. Chang, L. E. Ocola, J. Chen, Highly sensitive room temperature carbon monoxide detection using SnO2 nanoparticle-decorated semiconducting single-walled carbon nanotubes, Nanotechnology, 24, 025503 (2013).
- S. Kudera, Y. Zhang, E. D. Fabrizio, L. Manna, R. Krahne, Spatial analysis of the photocurrent generation and transport in semiconductor nanocrystal films, Phys. Rev. B, 86, 075307 (2012).
- R. Lavieville*, Y. Zhang*, A. Casu, A. Genovese, L. Manna, E. D. Fabrizio, R. Krahne, Charge transport in nanoscale “all-inorganic” networks of semiconductor nanorods linked by metal domains, ACS Nano, 6 (4), 2940 (2012). (*equal contribution)
- Y. Zhang, K. Miszta, S. Kudera, L. Manna, E. D. Fabrizio, R. Krahne, Spatially Resolved photoconductivity of Thin Films Formed by Colloidal Octapod-Shaped CdSe/CdS Nanocrystals, Nanoscale, 3, 2964 (2011).
- Y. Zhang, R. Zhang, W. Han, J. Liu, X. Yang, Y. Wang, C. C. Li, F. Yang, Reduction of proximity effect in fabricating nanometer-spaced nanopillars with the negative poly(methylmethacrylate) process, Journal of Semiconductors, 30:116001 (2009).
- Y. Zhang, J. Liu, Y. Li, F. Yang, Fabrication of nanoscale metallic air-bridges by introducing a SiO2 sacrificial layer, Materials Science in Semiconductor Processing, 10: 194 (2007).